I am trying to automate my builds and as a single developer, the learning curve is too high right now. Does anyone know of a source tree template and build scripts that do the following:
- Builds project(s) using MSBUILD
- Runs tests
- Checks in code using Kiln
- Updates the release numbers
- Creates build artifacts (executables) by version number
- Uses best practices for organizing source trees
I was hoping that perhaps the folks at FogCreek can provide a project template for .NET folks that does exactly this. There are lots of single developers who don't use source control or build scripts because it seems daunting in the face of all the things you have to learn. Many single developers don't use source control or have an automated build process because they don't see the benefits as clearly as development teams do.